The Parker Practice is seeking a friendly and professional Dietitian to join our vibrant team on a full-time basis, providing an outstanding service to our clients.
The successful candidate will have a passion for health and wellbeing and will enjoy supporting our clients as they change their lifestyles. The successful candidate will be client-focused and passionate about providing evidence-based and compassionate nutrition and lifestyle advice to a caseload of up to 30 clients. The caseload will be predominantly one to one with opportunities to deliver our group format of the programme via our Livestream programme.
You will support and coach clients in making sustainable nutrition, physical activity, stress management and lifestyle changes via our 4 pillar method to promote good health and wellbeing, making outstanding communication and motivational skills essential to the role. Consultations are delivered in-person and remotely via telephone and various digital platforms e.g. FaceTime and Zoom etc.
Our method is grounded in science and is evidence-based. We recently presented 2 research posters of our in-house clinical audit and a feasibility pilot study at the British Society of Lifestyle Medicine conference, 2020. You will therefore be expected to continuously improve and update our nutritional science and behaviour-change method as the world of nutrition and lifestyle medicine evolves. We are looking for a dynamic team player who is highly efficient and consistently produces a high standard of work.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- BSc/Post Graduate in Nutrition & Dietetics
- HCPC Registered Dietitian
- Minimum 2 years experience post-registration; experienced band 5 level or above
- Excellent clinical knowledge of weight management and/or lifestyle interventions
- Behaviour change experience in one to one and group settings
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) including experience with motivational interviewing and/or other behaviour change techniques (e.g. NLP, CBT etc.)
- Able to act independently and on own initiative whilst being aware of own limits of practice
- Able to liaise with colleagues/team at all levels (e.g. clinical, business, operational etc.)
- Courteous and respectful
- Receptive to feedback
- Able to work flexibly
- Member of British Dietetic Association
- Additional degree/qualification in relevant field e.g. MSc/Diploma in Sports and Exercise Nutrition or Psychology
- Experience of working in a private setting
- Developing leadership skills
The role is predominately based from our consultation rooms in South Kensington, London with flexibility to work from home. You will be expected to work shifts (either 0800-1630 or 1130-2000) from Monday to Friday. We are committed to your professional development providing extensive CPD and learning opportunities throughout the year. We are also a Nutrition and Dietetics student placement provider and have links with London universities including King’s College London and London Metropolitan.
We are a family-run company and are proud to live our values each and everyday:
Starting at £26,500 - £34,000 per annum plus company bonus.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to Nicola Marsh, Lead Dietitian & Team Manager at [email protected]. Thank you.
July 5th 2021